Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Beside Myself

Okay, last post about the winter veggie melange, I promise - you're going to get as tired of reading about it as My Beloved is of eating it. Just to let you know that it makes a great side dish as well as a substrate for poached eggs.

I could wax lyrical about the gemlike colors and the way it enhances the lamb loin roast we had that night but, for once, I'll leave it to your imagination.

My Beloved was happier with this application because the lamb was definitely to his liking but, for perhaps only the fifth time in our 13 year association, he didn't clean his plate. I guess he's over the winter veggie melange - ya think?

Myself, I though it made a lovely side.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

That looks like a perfect winter meal - I'd clean my plate in a nano-second.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

Oh man, check out those large slices of beefs! I'd buy that for a dollar!

xo, Biggles

Tuesday, December 07, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

er, lamb. sorry. Still buy it for a dollar though!

xo

Tuesday, December 07, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I have to laff at your manly man! My dad's on doctor's orders not to eat too much meat, and when we took him to an Italian restaurant, he tried to order eggplant parmigiana, but he slipped and ordered veal parmigiana. (Ate it merrily, arguing that the eggplant was a little tough.)

Tuesday, December 07, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

I bet the lovely lamb went away?

Tuesday, December 07, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I'd clear the plate, esp since the lamb was cooked pink, just like it should be.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, pretty plain, but everything on the plate was yum!

Rev. Biggles, I guess it's a Guy thing.

Cookiecrumb, as I said to Rev. Biggles, I guess it's a guy thing.

Greg, you'd win that bet, if I was silly enough to accept it. :-)

Ms. Mouse, it was even pinker than I prefer, but he loves rare meat, so he was a happy guy.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home