Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sister Act

My sister Nancy, who is normally shy and somewhat retiring, really bloomed this Christmas. She decided on the spur of the moment to come here for Christmas, packed her little dog and her pillow into her Honda Civic and drove all the way here from North Carolina in six days flat. She has always wanted to drive across country, she said, so she can check that one off her bucket list.

I enjoy silly things but I have to admit I was surprised when she donned a snowflake headdress right along with me and wore it at most of the social functions we enjoyed while she was here.

Shoulda got one for her little dog, too, shouldn't I?

She's firmly convinced that fish and house guests stink after three days, so she packed the car again the day after Christmas and started back across country despite my most persuasive arguments for staying a bit longer. Since she has no cell phone, I won't hear from her until she is home again. I'm less concerned now than I was - she seems to have gotten a second wind in her middle age so I'm pretty sure she'll get home just fine.

4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How cute! You could be twins.

Thursday, December 30, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Wow, I'd never drive that far alone, that's amazingly brave. Go Nancy! (Love the headdresses)

Thursday, December 30, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, the older, wrinklier and grayer we get, the more we look alike. We didn't, really, as young women.

Ms Mouse, I agree -she's awesome. We did have fun with those headdresses.

Friday, December 31, 2010  
Anonymous Meredith said...

Catching up. You and Nancy look more and more alike as the years go by. I cannot believe she drove for a total of 12 days but spent just three with you. But I know you loved those three days, especially seeing her relax and become a snowflake!

Monday, January 10, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home