Thursday, December 23, 2010

Starring

I read about this product in the Chron a couple of weeks ago and was pleased to note that, for us, it's über-local. It's actually made right here in our little Hidden City and sold, hallelujah!, in our little corner market.

Star Dough is pie dough, rather than puff pastry. It is designed to be flaky and crisp for quiches, fruit pies, empanadas, etc. My Beloved found it in the freezer case after I had looked but missed it. He's my hero, because this stuff totally rocks!

It's as good as the frozen puff pastry, DuFour, only fashioned for a different kind of baking. It really does cook up flaky and buttery - quite delicious! The link above will show you where it is sold locally - if you are further afield, ask your grocer to stock it. It was great to have on hand when I was trying to cook for the caregivers and I made a veggie pie starring Star Dough for our dinner last night that I will tell you about tomorrow.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

I will get some next week. Thanks

Thursday, December 23, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, they have it at the Santa Fe Market if you are in this neck of the woods. In the freezer case with that Star Dough logo on the glass door.

Thursday, December 23, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hey! That's really nice to know. I don't usually hesitate to make my own pie crust, but once in a while...!

Thursday, December 23, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, very convenient and very well made. Nothing nasty in the recipe.

Friday, December 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home